Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Wide Leg Cropped Pants


I am loving these wide leg cropped pants!! They are the same pant that I made for my last Fabric Mart post and that I tried out this winter in a stretch woven.  Its McCalls 7445 by Melissa Watson for Palmer/Plestch.  I'll say it again, I love those Palmer/Plestch patterns because all the alteration lines are on the pattern.  


This pair is made up in Linen (can't remember where it was purchased) and they were wonderful to wear all day.  I wanted them to be summer appropriate as well as use up this gorgeous cut of linen that's been lingering in my stash for so.very.long.  Being linen I was sure these would wrinkle like the devil but after an hour and a half in the car I don't think they look so bad at all!! Win! 

As far as sewing notes go...I was unsure about the crotch seam stretching out so I reinforced it with twill tape.  I also added the pocket stay in the front for a smoother fit as well as moving the zipper to the side seam and eliminating the exposed front zipper. 


Although I don't relish showing the back of these I feel that for anyone who wants to make them up they could benefit from seeing it, sooo, there you go.  The wind was blowing terribly so its a little hard to make out the back but the fit is really good. 



The top is a McCall's Palmer/Plestch thats now out of print.  The shoulders came out a little wide but it was really comfortable to wear all day.  The fabric is a stretchy double knit from Fabric Mart last spring. 

I foresee wearing these pants A LOT this summer both for leisure and work and there may have to be one more pair in this awesome black and white aztec sateen I've been hoarding!!

Thanks for reading and Happy Sewing!
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure why but this web site is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll check back later on and see if the problem still exists. mermaid wedding dress


    ReplyDelete