Sunday, August 7, 2016

A New Dress for Little Girl

My little one turned four this summer, which means I have been combing through my children's pattern stash trying to make up everything that she is about to age out of!! I have quite a few and I will be doing well if a finish say, three....we'll see how it goes!  My days, weeks, months can get away from me in the fall!


This dress is the Oliver and S Badminton Dress.  I love this sweet little dress, its like a really spruced up pillowcase dress.  The pattern, like all Oliver and S patterns, is very thorough and any mistakes I made were usually from inattention.  Whenever I complete an Oliver and S I want to make it right away again because the results are so great, now I'm thinking of a brightly colored one!


The fabric for this was from my stash for children's wear and I have to say I have been very intentional in the last few years to widdle this stash.  These prints are fall inspired prints that I have been holding on to for the right make, only to realize that there is no time like the present!  How much longer will they willingly wear squirrels and foxes?


My thought in the fall theme was that she can wear it with leggings and a long sleeve t-shirt when the weather begins to turn. 


I am going to enter this in the Pattern Review Sewing for Children contest just because I enjoy participating in their contests.  I don't expect to win since there are always amazing entries. 

Little girl seems ok with the dress, she's a little hard to impress these days but meh, that's ok I'm hoping when I make big sister something in this same print that she'll be motivated by the matchy matchy sister factor! Fingers crossed!
Thanks for reading!
Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment